Back to top

Support Services


External billings are billings for services or products that are invoiced to entities outside of the university, including Cooperative Extension county offices. Examples of external billings include but are not limited to reimbursements for expenses incurred by visitors, soil testing, farm services, publications, newsletters, conference registrations, or lab analysis.

Internal billings are billings for services or products that are charged to a University account number. Internal billings can occur within a single department or between other University departments. Examples of internal billings include but are not limited to copier billings, postage, soil testing, farm services, technical support, lab analysis or mileage charges.

The Business Service Center offers a billing service for its customers using the Reservation and Billing System.  If you would like more information regarding this product, please email 


Checks are deposited by the BSC directly to Tompkins Trust Company and cash is picked up weekly. Please complete the deposit form and email it to, along with any backup documentation. Checks and cash can then be dropped off to the main office of the BSC at 115 Bruckner Hall. Please read the updated Standard Operating Procedure for more information.

Gift Processing

Gift Processing procedures apply to all gift monies received by departments. All gifts must be recorded by Alumni Affairs and Development Advancement Services, the office that records and controls monetary gifts received by the University using the gift information form.  Please refer to Policy 3.1 Accepting University Gifts.

Petty Cash

Petty Cash will be distributed for all receipts totaling up to $100 or less at the front desk of the Business Service Center.  Please fill out the Petty Cash Reimbursement Form found in the Quick Links to the left and bring to the Business Service Center along with all original receipts & authorized signatures.   


The BSC holds higher limit pcards that can be used for departmental purchases over $1,500 or when a dept. PCard is not available.  Please complete an IWant doc with all appropriate documentation attached in order to request payment via PCard.

Contacting Us

Telephone or Email

Telephone or e-mail can be used as a means to contact the BSC.  Please contact the Financial Transaction Representative for your department, the main office at 607-254-4272, or email BSC Support Services with questions about:

  • Policies/procedures for processing travel reimbursements, purchase orders, personal reimbursements, etc.
  • Policies/procedures for obtaining procurement cards
  • Policies/procedures regarding cardholder responsibilities
  • General questions about the BSC

In Person

Visit the BSC at 115 Bruckner Hall, 208 Mann Dr., Ithaca NY 14853.

By Appointment

We are available to meet with you in your office to discuss any questions you have regarding processes.